Live Lingua is an immersive online language school. With native speakers based in a country which speaks the language they teach, our lessons are specially curated to deliver the best student experience (and in turn, the best teaching experience) possible.
This is Anomalous Educator’s guide to getting a job with Live Lingua — the web’s premiere language teaching service.
Of course, I am the CEO of the company, so my opinion is bound to be biased. But we do a lot of things differently, starting with personal care for our teaching staff and students.
One thing Live Lingua is NOT is just another tutor directory. We are a full online language school with native speakers teaching eleven of the world’s most widely spoken languages.
Is teaching with Live Lingua worth it?
To make the teaching process as smooth as possible, we offer the following services for our teachers:
- Full-time support staff to help you with:
- Problems with your students, lesson planning, or execution.
- Technical issues with your computer and teaching equipment.
- Academic help if you need guidance on material or techniques, and a full suite of resources to help make your lessons as rich as possible.
- Student filtering. Our Class Coordinators turn away just over 25% of the students who apply for classes because they are deemed as spam or students not likely to sign up. This saves you the hassle of dealing with students who don’t show up, or who are likely to cancel at the last minute.
- Student pairing service. We take a look at which teacher is right for each student, and work to make sure that the relationship is optimized on both sides. We don’t just send teachers requests as they come in — all new student inquiries are vetted and contact is made by our Class Coordinators before a teacher is assigned.
- Continuing training for teachers. We schedule and host career-based webinars to help teachers improve their teaching skills.
- Profile review. We have a staff that includes a content and social media team in addition to our class coordinators. They work on content marketing efforts to promote our services, and also help teachers tweak their profile to help get the most (and most appropriate) new student requests.
For a first-hand account, check out this interview with two of Live Lingua’s long-time teachers.
What languages does Live Lingua teach
All lessons are taught one-on-one via Skype. There are no group lessons. Teachers and students often form a special bond that helps the learning process in the long run. Live Lingua teaches the following languages:
All lessons are taught by native speakers — meaning, you cannot teach English lessons for Live Lingua if you are not from an English-speaking country.
Live Lingua recruiting process
Live Lingua does not outsource the hiring process. This means that when you submit an application to work for us, it is being reviewed by our in-house staff and not some third-party recruitment company.
We’ve found that this not only makes the process faster and more enjoyable for teachers, it helps us better filter out the best applicants who are likely to meld with our company.
We want our staff to enjoy working with us and view them as part of the family, not just an arm that feeds.
Check out these other guides to working for online language schools: