Have you ever wanted to turn your lessons into an eBook? Or maybe you have an amazing idea for a children’s book based on your teaching experiences? Whatever the inspiration may be, it is possible to turn that idea into a lucrative eBook online.
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award-winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful online professionals.
If you are curious about what the process of making and selling an eBook entails, or just want to hear from an experienced entrepreneur who has done that very thing, then this episode is for you.
In this episode, I speak with Jodie Cook, an entrepreneur and co-author of The Clever Tykes series. Jodie is from the UK was featured on Europe’s 30 under 30 list in 2017. She’s also an international powerlifter and can most likely lift me over her head.
Jodie and her husband came up with the concept for Clever Tykes, a book series that teaches entrepreneurial ideas and concepts to kids, while on holiday, and decided to start the process to make it into an actual book series that went on to sell over 100,000 copies. She shares with us the many lessons she learned along the way.
Listen to this episode to learn more about writing, publishing, and outsourcing work while developing a book for print or an eBook.
Also in this episode:
- Why having a great team is essential
- Why teaching social mobility to children is important
- How Jodie was raised to be an entrepreneur “by accident”
- The media portrayal of entrepreneurs and business people
- Why professional editors are worth their weight in gold
- How the eBook publishing process can be complicated on Amazon
- The UK market vs. the US market
- How to get started on your own eBook