If you’re currently a teacher, you most likely have years and years of lesson plans, classes, and course materials in your archives. Why not turn all your knowledge into a best selling book?
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award-winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives while having your own freedom, then this podcast is for you.
Laura Petersen is an expert on writing and self-publishing books quickly, and making them a success. Her first book Copywriting for Podcasters, became a #1 Bestseller in the U.S. and Canada almost instantly.
In 2016 Laura, who’s known as “Laptop Laura” on social media, used what she learned in the book writing process to create CopyThatPops. This literary hub helps other like-minded teachers and creatives use books as a way to build credibility for their brand, and spread their message to a broader audience.
In this episode, Ray and Laura discuss the process of turning your already existing body of work into a successful book. Laura lays out her easy to follow book-writing process. Even if you’re not an experienced writer, or have never considered becoming an author before, you may rethink your game plan after hearing her story.
Also within this episode:
- How Laura fell in love with traveling as a teenager
- How her teaching career began
- What it was like living in Germany as an American when 9/11 happened
- The book that changed Laura’s life
- How her first tutoring business began
- How she wrote and published a best selling book in 30 days
- Laura’s PSD writing method and how to implement it for yourself
- Why she gives herself tight deadlines