The entrepreneurial life can be hard when you’re going it alone. This is why so many businesses the world over are creating solid communities that not only boost their success but also create that much-needed support.
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award-winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives whilst having your own freedom, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode, I’m sitting down with Jason Moore, the host of the highly successful Zero To Travel podcast, and the co-founder of the online community Location Indie.
When Jason left college, he had the dream of traveling the world after becoming hooked on the idea of exploring Europe. Sadly, there was a massive $20,000 student debt burning a hole in his pocket.
Within two months, he took on the role of roadie for a charity event. This sparked the beginning of a decade long, world exploring career. From band tours to larger corporate events, the traveling bug had firmly set in.
Now, times have certainly changed. He’s living a less nomadic life in Norway with his wife and two kids. Jason’s business Location Indie stems from his biggest goal – to build a global community of location independent entrepreneurs and heart-centered digital nomads. This community of like-minded people provides help and support in not only travel but business too.
The Zero To Travel podcast has been downloaded more than 4.5 million times in 195 countries around the world, so he certainly understands the meaning of community and bringing people together.
Our conversation explores how Jason’s career went from “Glorified Carny,” to location independent. He breaks down the best ways to create a solid community that can help boost your business, and why finding the right community for you takes time and dedication.
Also in this episode:
- How Jason begin his career in travel
- The Zero Travel Podcast and why it’s such a labor of love
- Jason breaks down the fundamental differences between Location-independent and Digital Nomad
- How to envision your perfect business scenario so you can kick start your business towards success
- Want to make an extra $1000 a month? Jason helps us figure out the right life-work balance
- Defining the idea of community and why it’s best for solo-preneurs
- The contagious nature of providing value for people
- Can’t find the right community? Create one yourself
- How to build better relationships to boost business
- Location Indie – Why you should join the community