Building a website for your online teaching business is a crucial step for any entrepreneur.
But a common mistake beginner entrepreneurs make is wasting valuable time and effort on little aspects that don’t matter, like colour schemes, logos, and add-ons that have little significance.
So what should you be spending time on when it comes to building your website?
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week, award-winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
In this episode, I speak with the owner and creator of Thrive Themes, Shane Melaugh. Thrive Themes offers WordPress themes and tools for business websites that focus on converting clicks to sales.
Shane started his first online business selling online courses, which is a bit ironic if you know his backstory. He struggled quite a bit in school and had a hard time focusing. It wasn’t the end of his school days that he had a teacher that gave him personal attention and encouragement. It was then that he saw the power of specialized lessons and the impact teachers can have.
Shane and I discuss the significance of your business website when it comes to making online sales. He gives us valuable insights into how to build a sales-focused website and what things not to waste much time and effort on.
Also in this episode:
- Why Shane loves teaching even with a traumatic school background
- How he was able to ace English exams without reading the books
- How he uses martial arts in his teaching concepts
- Why business websites should be marketing-driven
- Why less is more when designing your website
- Why you should study copywriting
- Why your first website will suck, and why that’s ok
- How failure is a part of the business process