How do you go from teaching guitar lessons to running an online business while travelling all over the world? It’s possible to turn your side hustle into your full-time income, and anyone with determination can do it.
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award-winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful online professionals.
If you dabbled with online courses and would like to dedicate more time and effort into it, so it generates more income, this episode is for you.
In this episode, I speak with Allen Matthews, creator of ClassicalGuitarShed.com, an online hub for learning and improving your classical guitar skills. Allen started out teaching private guitar lessons and eventually used online video tutorials as a way to give personalized instruction to his students.
When faced with a student who needed more personalized attention, Allen started filming detailed instructional videos and posted them on YouTube. He was surprised with the overwhelmingly positive response, which sparked the beginning of his website ClassicalGuitarShed.com
Allen and I discuss how success can be slow going with online businesses until you make the decision to dedicate more time and effort into growing it. As Allen immersed himself in the online world of teaching, he developed different goals and motivators for himself, which began to pay off quickly. He shares these tips and advice with us.
Listen to this episode to learn how you can implement Allen’s techniques to grow your online education business.
Also in this episode:
- How Allen went from private guitar lessons to online instruction
- Why teaching is so addicting
- Why setting goals is a game-changer
- How email lists are important to a new online business
- Why consistency is key for new businesses
- How surveys can be a huge tool in growing your subscribers
- How to set daily goals for yourself
- How to push through exhaustion
- How you can use lifetime subscriptions to jump-start your cash flow
- Other tips for growing your online instructional business