Sure there are a lot of online subscriptions you could pay for to help your online education business, but are you using all the free ones Google has to offer?
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award-winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful online professionals.
If you want access to different tools that can jumpstart your education ventures but don’t know where to begin, pay close attention to this episode.
In this episode, I speak with Dan Taylor, founder and director of AppsEvents. Dan has been involved with Google for Education since 2006 has helped trained teachers all over the world.
Dan has run multiple businesses but got his start studying engineering in Scotland. Being quite technically savvy, he quickly picked up the ins and outs of SAP, a software program that big businesses use all over the world.
Beginning his career as an SAP specialist, he quickly learned that he loved educating people on all the online and technical tools available to them.
Through his many years of training educators all over the world with Google for Education, Dan has become somewhat of an expert on how to use Google’s many tools to your advantage when it comes to teaching.
G Suite, Google Classroom and Google Docs are some of Dan’s favourite resources that Google offers and loves the way they allow teachers to customize their students’ education experience.
In this episode, Dan and I will discuss how he went from a software specialist to travelling around the world training educators how to use technology for teaching. We’ll also discuss how Google makes it easier for students to have direct access to class information and how it changes the learning experience.
Listen to this episode to learn how you can implement these tools yourself in your online courses.
Also within this episode:
- How Dan went from the corporate world to the world of education
- Why teaching is about so much more than making money
- How G Suite is changing how school operate
- How Google Classroom makes it easier to keep track of a class curriculum
- How to implement the tools you’re most likely already using into a classroom setting
- The power of YouTube for education
- The Google learning curve
- How Google works to protect the privacy of students
- How Google Docs makes everything easier for teachers
- Other online tools for education
Dan’s Email: dan@appseventscom