The online educators of this world don’t always hit the mark when it comes to charging for their services. If you are struggling with getting the price right, a simple price-calculating formula may be just what you need.
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award-winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives whilst having your freedom, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode, I speak with the mind behind The Profits Collective, Ben McAdam.
Since 2009, Ben has helped entrepreneurs and small business owners uncover their hidden profit opportunities.
He understands the numbers and tactics behind getting businesses on track and is renowned and revered for his jargon-free approach to strategic advising.
Today, Ben gets to the heart of how you can use a well-crafted formula to work out just how much you should be charging for your services online.
He also explains how and when you should be raising your prices, and what is involved with making a livable wage from online teaching.
We also talk about:
- How Ben went from avid piano player to crunching numbers
- Why you need to charge properly for your skills and expertise
- How Ben’s caring personal approach gets him good business
- The simple initial steps to charging your worth as an online educator
- Why you don’t need to be perfect, and try something different
- Where you need to be researching to get the price right
- Am I charging too much? – Overcoming self-doubt
- The perfect minimum hourly rate formula
- Why the best office chair in the world was all an illusion
- How your price determines the quality of your students
- Why you should celebrate when people run away from your price rise
- Who is Ben’s favourite Disney princess?