Are email sequences dead in the water? One particular email marketing advocate doesn’t seem to think so.
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful online business professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives whilst having your own freedom, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode, I chat with marketing maverick John Ainsworth, the CEO of Data Driven Marketing, an online marketing firm that helps businesses gain traction through email marketing.
Starting his marketing mission at the age of 23, John set out to help governmental and charitable organisations use targeted promotion to encourage specific demographics to take part in sport and activity.
He’s helped businesses more than double sales in a month heavily featured in the Guardian, Telegraph and BBC.
In this episode, John explains the steps you should be taking if you want your email sequence to work effectively. He walks us through exactly how an email sequence works, why it’s so effective when done correctly and what you should do after a campaign has been launched to keep your prospective customers engaged.
We also talk about:
- John’s work history and his incredible marketing success
- Why your marketing needs to be so specific for your audience
- How to grab your customer’s attention in a sea of inbox emails
- Why email lists are the key to a perfect email sequence
- Indoctrination campaigns – the customer ‘feel good’ package
- Where to start with your email content
- How to nurture your customers following a campaign
- Why you need an autoresponder
- The importance of a dedicated email address
- Customers ready to buy? Introducing the next steps
- Why you need to address pain points to keep customers on track
- Why you should lose your fear of selling