Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives whilst having your own freedom, then this podcast is for you.
Education is a necessary facet of life, all over the world. And with the explosion of online education, it’s now being seen in far-reaching corners of the globe, where access to knowledge and information has been lacking.
LiveLingua is one such facilitator in the online field, and in this episode of their podcast, The Anomalous Educator, Ray discusses this with his good friend, online educator Holly Jensen.
They touch on how the online world is merging education and business, and Holly also shares a remarkable fact about herself with our listeners; one that makes her an even bigger inspiration for anyone looking to get into the education space.
Holly and Ray also delve into the following:
- What led Holly into teaching?
- How we can connect with others, even if there’s a language barrier
- The tips she’d give to others who are just starting out in the field
- Pros and cons around 1:1 classes versus group classes
- The benefits of cultivating empathy in a group dynamic
- How to choose a learning style that best suits you, as a student
- Holly’s biggest challenges in teaching online
- Ways to successfully teach someone who has little knowledge around the subject matter
- How teaching can be the perfect way to help people, and how you can decide if it’s right for you
- Holly’s surprising secret – and the challenges that can come with it, as well as how she overcomes them to enormous success