Teaching online can be an empowering experience, and with the newest advances in virtual classroom software, we have entered into a new level of education.
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives whilst having your own freedom, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode, I chat with Alex Asher, the CEO of the award winning virtual classroom software, LearnCube.
Alex has worked extensively with world leading online schools like lingoda.com and babbel.com, but invests most of his energy into growing LearnCube.
He works closely with their partners to generate the best learning, teacher and student experience possible.
Not only is Alex a prolific entrepreneur, keynote and motivational speaker, but he seems to have superhero powers as a runner.
His dedication and drive has led him to run the equivalent of 55 marathons in 63 days, 2300km down the east coast of the North Island to raise money for the charity he chairs, Sustainable Coastlines.
Today, we talk about the benefits of being a solo educator and online tutor, how keeping it simple can be your ticket to success and the best way to find students whilst avoiding some BIG mistakes.
We also talk about:
- How accountability led to a 2300km run
- The differences between individual and partner start-ups
- The benefits of using LearnCube as an educator
- Why being a bit unsophisticated can work in your favour
- The main opportunities for larger scale businesses
- How to figure out your marketing strategy to bring in students
- Finding your niche and why it’s key
- Mistakes every educator should avoid
- Why working with a remote team has its benefits