Passive income and the ability to earn money online on the outset can seem like something that requires little input to make successful. The truth is there is nothing ‘passive’ about earning money online.
Welcome to Anomalous Educator, where each week award winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives whilst having your own freedom, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode of the Anomalous Educator, I speak with host and creator of the Extra Pack of Peanuts podcast, Travis Sherry.
Travis is known as ‘the frequent flyer guru’, he travels all around the world on an impressively tight budget – without skimping on luxury.
His podcast has received over one million downloads and has been downloaded in over 180 countries, so when it comes to podcasting, he can talk the talk AND walk the walk.
Me and Travis really get into it on this episode, with a focus on what we all want to know – making money online.
We share tips, tricks and advice, compare microphones, and converse about why it’s important to focus on creating decent content, instead of just increasing your web traffic.
We also discuss things like:
- How Travis went from teaching to running a podcast with over one million downloads
- The two steps you need to take if you want to start a successful podcast
- Finding your niche
- How to find great interviews
- Why it’s important to focus on quality, not quantity, when it comes to making money online
- The biggest change that Travis has seen in the world of podcasting
- Why you shouldn’t focus on sponsors and ads if you want to boost your online income
- How to use podcasting as a marketing technique for your business
- Travis’ actionable advice for any podcast novice
- Things you’ll need to practice if you want to make a really great interview