Entering into online entrepreneurial success is often the result of multiple stages of trial and error. Sometimes we need to take risks in order to reach our optimum goals.
Welcome to the Anomalous Educator, where each week award winning entrepreneur Ray Blakney, sets out to explore the world of education and online business with the help of successful professionals.
If you’re an educator, entrepreneur or someone who wants to improve people’s lives whilst having your own freedom, then this podcast is for you.
In this episode, I speak with the highly successful, writer, TEDx speaker, podcaster, blogger and online entrepreneur, Gabby Wallace. Gabby is a prolific online, American English teacher, who has taken YouTube by storm.
Her channel has garnered over 1 million subscribers and that number is forever increasing. She is an expert in language learning, with over 15 years as a language instructor.
In 2011, she founded Go Natural English, an online English learning hub, which has helped students all across the world in over 134 countries learn English.
Today, we hear about Gabby’s extraordinary story of how she entered into YouTube royalty, why you don’t need to be technically minded to succeed online and how she contends with being a woman entrepreneur in a male dominated arena.
We also talk about:
- Gabby’s love of language and opening herself up to other cultures
- How accepting failure can lead you to success
- What consistency should mean for you
- How to push through and face the rough patches
- Finding your ‘Why’
- Why Gabby almost stopped her YouTube channel
- How a tsunami and earthquake lead Gabby to take a positive risk
- Why teachers do it for the love, not the money
- Running a business as a woman in the online space
- What’s next for Gabby and Go Natural English